"Every year, 20 million babies are born too soon, too small and very sick ― half a million of them in the United States."
20 million is way, way too big a number. Even 1 is too big of a number if that one baby is yours. Today, November 17th, the March of Dimes is asking us raise people's awareness of the health crisis our tiniest babies face. There are so many ways you can help.
- Go by the March of Dimes Fight for Preemies page and learn more about the challenges these babies face.
- Donate your used cellphones. You don't even have to make a mailing lablel. You can print one out directly from that page.
- Join the March of Dimes Advocacy List. It only takes a tiny amount of time and will help you make your voice heard in this important fight. Join me. All the cool kids are doing it.
- Volunteer with the March of Dimes. They need time and energy from volunteers as much as they need money.
- Create a virtual wrist band to honor a baby you know who was born too early.
- Cara has a Wall of Angels and Aunt Becky has a Wall of Remembrance. Submit any important names.
- If you are crafty, consider making preemie hats, blankets, or booties and conating them through Preemie Presents or your local NICU.
BTW, check out the entire list of Fight for Preemie posts here.