Pepperoni Bread courtesy of Rys at Confessions of a Clutter Queen
- Pizza Dough (you can either google a recipe or buy premade dough)
- 1 pack sliced, or 1 stick sliced or diced pepperoni (if you want to reduce grease, use turkey pepperoni)
- 4 or 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
Grease a large cookie sheet with butter. Take half of the pizza dough and roll out to fit on cookie sheet (if you want the bottom to be crispy, sprinkle with grits or oats on the pan first). Chop hard boiled eggs. Layer pepperoni on bottom layer of dough. Next, layer chopped eggs, mozzarella, and cheddar on top of pepperoni. Roll out other half of dough for the top (think of it like making a giant Hot Pocket). Put top on. Press edges together, sealing the ingredients inside. Break remaining egg, whisk it, and brush it on top. This lets it brown nicely. Cut vents. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until top is golden brown.
I always make enough to have leftovers. This is even better the second day.
Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie from Marsha Brooks winner of Emeril's '01 Apple Pie contest
- 1 pastry crust for a deep-dish pie 9-inch (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 cups thinly-sliced peeled apples (You may need more if your family sits by the bowl and sneaks the sliced applies when you are not looking); Marsha likes to use golden delicious and fuji apples.
- 1 recipe crumb topping (see below)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans ( I omit the pecans)
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
Ingredients for crumb topping:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter
- Stir together brown sugar, flour and rolled oats.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter until topping is like course crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Add apple slices and gently toss until coated.
- Transfer apple mixture to the pie shell. (I remove the store-bought pie shell from the aluminum pie plate and transfer it to a 9-inch pie plate of my own, but you do not have to.)
- Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet so the drippings don't drop into your oven.
- Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and put back in for another 25 to 30 minutes without foil.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle pie with chopped pecans then drizzle with caramel on top.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Finally, I have to point y'all to an incredible recipe over at The Pioneer Woman - Chocolate Truffles w/ Sea Salt I found the link over at Opi's Ramblings (God I love ICLW) and it looks incredible.