But, when I'm honest with myself, I admit there are things I've never quite fessed up to or mentioned around here. So, when I ran across the post Things I'm Afraid To Tell You over at Sluiter Nation, I was intrigued. After reading Kate's post and following the links to the original post at Makeunder My Life, the post by Ez at Creature Comforts, and the coverage at HuffPo, I decided I needed to join the movement.
So, my lovely friends, readers, and commenters, y'all are going to get a chance to peer into the dark recesses of my mind. Hopefully, I won't scare anyone too much.
- I'm a sucky housekeeper...really. I love having a clean house and, once it's clean, I can keep it that way but I SUCK at motivating myself to get things done. Sure, I do dishes. I wash clothes. I clean nastiness. I keep our house a safe place to live and grow up in but I am really, really bad about putting things away. I have piles of thing...neat piles but piles nonetheless. I don't vacuum as often as I should. I still have boxes in my closet and the corner of my room from when we moved in years ago. I justify it by saying I maintain my sanity by writing my blog and doing my crafts but the real truth is I HATE cleaning and avoid it if I can.
- I have a major fear of failure...I always have...to the point where I avoid doing some things because I'm afraid I won't do them well. It's funny because it's not that I care what other people think. It's all on me.
- Sometimes, I do things just because I know it will drive my kids crazy. I know it's not the nicest way to behave but it's funny as hell and it makes me laughhttp://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8678310#editor/target=post;postID=3118424626629283603.
- I both don't give a damn what people think about me and have an almost desperate need to belong. It all goes back to the bullying and teasing and feeling like an outsider when I was younger.
- I went through sorority rush in college and didn't get in anywhere. Most days, that doesn't matter but when that insecure girl who lives deep inside of me peeks out, I still wonder why none of them wanted me in their group.
- I am a major procrastinator. Sometimes it goes to such an extreme that I end up scrambling to complete something I've committed to.
- Gabe has learned to floss regularly despite the fact that I set a sucky example with flossing. I brush my teeth religiously but flossing doesn't happen all that often.
- We've been through a bankruptcy. My husband blew out his knee when he was on the job as a firefighter and, even though we were on workman's comp, we lost 33% of his income over night. We did everything we could and we still couldn't save our house.