"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Randomosity

  • I'm wiped out...cried more today and last night than I have in a while. Seriously sucks having to take a beloved pet to be cremated.
  • It's hardest when it's quiet. Joey dealt pretty well all day but, when night hit and the house quieted, the tears started to fall. He is so broken up about losing Butterball and it kills me that I can't make it better. I just hold him, stroke his back, cry with him, and talk.
  • Remember that post about which glasses I should chose? I didn't get any of them. That's right. I went through all 1900+ pairs of glasses on the Zenni Optical site (LOVE Zenni) and didn't get any of them.
  • I didn't get any of them because I scored 2 free pairs of glasses. The first pair was through an open facebook deal from Coastal.com All I paid for was shipping and handling. Their s&h cost as much as the glasses from Zenni would have cost but they will be here in time for BlogHer.
  • I bought the Love in Brown Tortoiseshell from Coastal...
  • I'll tell you a little more about the other glasses soon. If you want to see the frames I picked from check out this pic.
  • In case I haven't mentioned it...I'M GOING TO BLOGHER12 IN NYC NEXT WEEK.
  • I'm more than a little excited and a lot overwhelmed with everything I have left to do. Since the productivity of yesterday and today were shot to hell by the sudden loss of Butterball, I haven't dyed my hair. I haven't finished my crochet project. I haven't packed anything. I haven't been to the AT&T store to get a sim card for my beautiful new phone.
  • Despite all this, I'm counting the days and hours until I leave. My soul will be fed by the very nature of this trip. I get to spend time with women I love learning about things I adore and that's just the conference. There are also parties and sightseeing and meals with friends and big metal chickens. I really need this.
  • Speaking of phones, I NEED CONTACT INFO. If I've ever texted you, exchanged info with you, or you think I need to do one of those things, please email me your contact info (cell #, blog url, email addy, even your home phone # and addy if you want). Send the email to cruzowlpost at att dot net
What random is going on in your life?