"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Chocolate's a vegetable, isn't it?

My sun baked brain refuses to come up with a suitable blog topic. Seriously, Gabe and I spent 5+ hours at the pool today with my dear sister/friend Rys and her kids. It was a godsend because Gabe has been much needier and demanding with Joey away at camp. I don't think I realized just what a good job Joey does keeping Gabe occupied. But, those 5+ hours in the sun have fried my brain cells and they refuse to function.

photo credit: Edward Allen L Lim
I've also realized that spending so many hours outdoors is seriously detrimental to my desire to cook or even eat a decent meal. I started thinking and said "Hmmm, Vic cooked ribs last night. Ribs could be our protein....and, ICE CREAM...yeah, that sounds like a fab idea. Ice Cream will provide dairy and, if I make banana splits, then the kids also get fruit (bananas and cherries). Hey, doesn't chocolate (hot fudge) come from a bean. That counts as a vegetable." So, ribs...just ribs... for dinner and banana splits for dessert. Guess it's a damn good thing I rarely spend 5+ hours straight in the pool, in the sun, in 95+ degree weather.

Come on, help me out here. Someone else please fess up to doing something like this at least once in your life. Help a sister out, won't you?