"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pukous Interruptous

I was in bed by midnight last night and was looking forward to 7+ hours of sleep until my alarm went off at 7:30 am. I drifted off to sleep and was enjoying such a good nights sleep. Sadly, that came to an abrupt end at about 4:30.

I woke up at 4:30 to Joey whispering "Mom, mom, I just puked...and it's all over the bedroom floor." Not only did I instantaneously wake up but I had nightmare visions of the clean up waiting for me. See, the boys' room is in dire need of a Spring cleaning bulldozering to get rid of the crap all over their floor. Thankfully and miraculously, he managed to puke in a mostly clean area of the floor. So, despite the gag inducing smells emanating from it, the pukous interruptous was fairly easy to clean up.

So, I'm operating on only 4 hours of sleep. I have all 3 kids home today. One of the three feels like shit. And, I'm still trying to teach MArty his school crap. Wheeeee fun!

14 comments:

Fertility Chick said...

Poor Joey! Poor you! May the day get better from here - and hope you get a full night's sleep tonight!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oh, dear! Poor Joey and poor you.

And poor carpet!

Hope your day improves and that you all sleep well tonight.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

OOoo, Ugh! I hope that Joey is feeling better soon, and that you are able to get some rest.

Lynn said...

Oh, honey! I'm so sorry Joey's feeling bad and that you've had so little sleep! Sending lots of cheerful/helpful thoughts your way.

*Tanyetta* said...

Oh No! I hope he's feeling better soon. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the kids NEVER wake up Daddy.

Anonymous said...

Everyone has this puke bug. I'm so sorry. Thanks for your comment today.

AnotherDreamer said...

Ahh, what a way to wake up! (*hugs*) Poor kiddo too :( Hope he feels better soon. And I hope your day improves dramatically.

Jen said...

hope he's feeling better by now. so glad he puked on the "clean" part...can't even walk in my kids room

Meari said...

Sounds like a load of fun to me. Not. Hope you get some sleep.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I hate that that happened! I am such a puke scary kind of girl. My stomach does not feel so good right now :/

battynurse said...

Oh you poor thing. And poor Joey. I hope by now everyone is feeling better?

Carrie27 said...

I hate throw up. I have to hold my breath when around it or I'll be adding to the mess.

I hope that you get a much better sleep tonight.

MrsSpock said...

Ah, those 4am puke calls...isn't motherhood wonderful?

S.I.F. said...

Is it pathetic that I cannot wait to wake up to even the puke nights?

Sorry your kiddo is sick!