"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, February 06, 2011

What color are you?

So, y'all, what color are you this year? Green and Gold or Black and Gold? If you don't know what I'm talking about, what rock have you been hiding under? This year's Super Bowl is

vs.
At best, we are casual football fans in this house but who can resist the lure of good food, funny commercials, and rooting hard for a team. Since I have friends who would disown me if I didn't, we are rooting for the Steelers this year.

Back to the whole Super Bowl celebration...are y'all having a Super Bowl Party? If so, what are you serving? Last year our menu was Asian inspired. This year we are doing a bunch of finger foods...jalapeno poppers, sausage balls, Buffalo Chicken Bites (thanks to Monica for the recipe), non-Buffalo sauce chicken wings, potato chips with Baked Potato Dip, and, if I get my butt in gear, we'll have Kahlua Espresso Chocolate Chop cookies(my eternal thanks to whichever Facebook friend mentioned these). I know it's not the healthiest menu around but we don't usually eat like this and Mmmm, mmmm I can't wait.
****************************************
Anyway, it is thanks to the arrival of my beautiful new fridge that I can cook and not worry about where I'm going to put the leftovers. Isn't it FABULOUS?


6 comments:

Kakunaa said...

I don't do football, but I'll watch the Super Bowl just to have a reason to yell at the TV. LOL. Going to a friend's place...no idea what the menu is.

Meredith said...

Yum, your menu sounds so delish! And I love how pretty your new fridge looks...absolutely awesome.

rys said...

We're a black and gold house, already have our party started with cheesesteak served on hoagie rolls, chips with spinach artichoke dip, and those massively huge hot dogs for the kids.

Your fridge looks sweet! I seethe with jealousy. :-p May you enjoy pulling your superbowl party ingredients out of that sweet fridge!

Lynn said...

I also don't usually watch football, but the Super Bowl is my one game per year. We were rooting for the Steelers, but we know how that ended.

I wish I'd been at your house! That menu sounds awesome! We just had pizza. No party, just me, The Hubs, my Dad and my Mom. And I've already told you how much I love your fridge. I'm adding it to my Lust List :D

Kir said...

I'm still a PATRIOTS fan..I liked the commercials :)

and I want to have SEX with your new fridge..OMG, it's wonderful. CONGRATS!

AnnaBelle said...

Your new refrigerator is beautiful! Do you love it? I've been coveting one of those for a few years now but the old fridge is going to have to break first (sigh).