"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, February 14, 2011

Requiem for a laptop...

It's a sad, sad day in the Cruz household. I am reduced to once again sharing computer time with the family. My borrowed laptop has googled for the last time ever. See, last summer when I went on my grand and glorious trip to BlogHer, my mom loaned me a laptop. It's been on semi-permanent loan ever since. A few months ago, it started acting up and it took many contortions, calisthenics, and screwing my face into just the perfect scowl to get the laptop to run the needed chkdsk. This time, nothing worked and the poor beleaguered Dell has opened it's last window. See, you know it's kind of hopeless when you know you need to run a system restore and you start the computer in safe mode (the only way to currently boot the thing up) only to get a message saying "System restore is shut down. System restore can not be restarted in safe mode. Boot up in normal mode and turn system restore back on." Definitely one of those computer moments that make you say "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!? If I could start the system in normal mode, do you honestly think I would be starting in safe mode."

In honor of the poor beleaguered Dell, I want to share this cover of the Fraggle Rock Funeral Dirge with you.
To be honest, I prefer the original but this is still pretty darned good.

4 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Sorry about the laptop death :( I cried when mine broke, seriously.

Kir said...

oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I don't have a laptop, but I know that if my nook/phone/ DVR broke I'd be LOST. SO I am very very very sorry.

hugs my friend

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Ugh... I hate computer issues! The mouse thingy on my netbook has been acting up and I know it's not long for this world.

Good luck with the puter sharing!

Kakunaa said...

OMG, I understand. Seriously - we went 7 months without a computer of our own. It's been such a relief to have one again. So sorry :(