"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Brilliance Personified

My husband seriously rocks.  I mean he really, really does. I'm writing this post on the LAPTOP formerly known as the dead 'puter. Vic fixed it...and he did it without spending a single penny. Turns out that all the problems this poor baby was having were due to the half-assed repair job (or possibly work by an unnamed IT department) someone did on it. The hard drive was only being held in by one screw...one out of three.  That means every time you twitched a muscle, the hard drive moved and it couldn't do anything it was suppose to do. The most wondrous thing about this discovery is that, since the hard drive doesn't have to be replaced, we can upgrade the RAM and give this baby some serious speed...woot woot!

Since the laptop is back among the living, I can post whenevah I want...YAY!

Thanks to my honey I am no longer in laptop withdrawal.

8 comments:

battynurse said...

Yay!! Thank goodness for resurrected laptops.

Kir said...

I want to KISS him for you...but no you go do that....
YIPPEE..I love when things are "easily fixed" don't you?

AnotherDreamer said...

Yay!!! Awesome!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Fantabulous! Isn't it great when our hubbies save the day?

Glad you're back to regular posting!

Alana said...

Yay, Vic! :)

Kakunaa said...

Wooohooooo!!!! Congrats!

Barb said...

Woo Vic!

Quiet Dreams said...

I am super impressed!