1. Is the dog in the house? Absolutely, our pets are part of our family.
2. What is the best piece of advice you've ever received? Don't take yourself too seriously.
3. What's the worst experience you've ever had involving alcohol? Freshman year in college, I went to a keg party at the DKE house. I was truly a lightweight when it came to drinking beer and I stayed out until after 2 in the morning playing quarters and drinking. I was on an Army ROTC scholarship and, the next day, we all had to be in full dress uniform (tight collars and all) at the Duke Chapel for some sort of service. I was sooooo hungover and being in a tight collared, starched uniform was fucking misery defined. I couldn't even claim to be sick and skip it because the guy that walked me home from the party was 2 years ahead of me in ROTC.
4. What's the worst thing you've ever done to another person? Stole their boyfriend...in my defense, I was young and clueless. It was done once and never again.
5. Who do you think started the concept of memes? no fucking clue but they didn't do a very good job claiming responsibility because they aren't famous now
6. Give a song title or line that describes how you are feeling right now...
I get this writer's block, it comes as quite a shock,
And now i'm stuck between a hard place and the biggest rock,
7. What's your favorite search engine? Yahoo!, Google, Ask, Bing? or something else? Google
8. If Paul is the Cute One and John is the Smart One and George is the Quiet One and Ringo is the Funny One, which Beatle are you? I'd say I'm John
10. When should you procrastinate - now or later? Always!
11. What is your favorite fast food? Do Krispy Kreme doughnuts count as fast food?
12. What was your favourite game as a child? Hmmmm, I use to love playing Backgammon and Clue.
13. Why terrible twos have to be terrible? To prepare us for the 4s which are so much worse. I think they should be called the Fearsome 4s.
14. Describe your favorite family member. She is warm, kind, generous, and has the ability to pick out the perfect gift or surprise for some one. The down side is her desire to make everything better can sometimes cause her to interfere where she shouldn't and other times it costs her dearly in terms of time commitments.
15. What does your favorite breakfast consist of? A western omelet and a LARGE cup of coffee. Sadly, I rarely have time to fix omelets.
16. What food is better the day after it was made? Taco Soup
17. What was your last big purchase? a new computer
18. When was the last time you kissed someone and really enjoyed it? hehehe, depends on what type of enjoyment we are talking about. Everyday enjoyment = this morning, Hot and Steamy enjoyment = last week
19. Why are there memes? because we are nosy and because it helps when we have writer's block
20. Described yourself using two words that rhyme. (i.e. fuddy-duddy) artsy-craftsy
21. If you were given the option of a "do-over" in life .. would you take it? I don't think so. I like who I am. I love my family and friends. A do-over would risk all the things that came together to create my life as it is right now.
22. What movie makes (or has made) you cry? What touched you about it? Oh man, there are so many movies that have made me cry. I am such a sap when it comes to things like that. The movie that immediately came to mind in reading this question is The Time Traveler's Wife. The same thing made me cry when I read the book too...when Henry knows his death is imminent, he takes the time to make sure Clare is surrounded by people that care for her and love her so she will have support when it happens.
23. What is one big mistake that you did in your life? And what did you do to make it right? I lost my virginity too early. Since I can't change what I did, I try to impress upon my oldest (and the other two when they are old enough) the importance of waiting for the right person and the myriad of consequences you could run into if you don't wait.
24. When Life Gives You Lemons, What Do You Do With Them? Squirt them in the eye of the bastard(s) that's making me miserable.
25. How different are you in real life as compared to the online identity you have created for yourself? I'm pretty much a case of what you see is what you get. Although there are some details of my life I don't share, I am very open and honest about who I am and what I believe.
26. Do you know what your parents would have named you if you had been born the opposite sex? Yes,but my mom swore up and down that she would NOT have a boy if she had to name him Owen Joseph O'Donnell IV.
So, you guys, are you going to join in? Do you have any questions? What do you do if you want to write but can't come up with a decent topic?