"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, October 15, 2009

SHOW AND TELL: I've Got Mail

I wanted to share with y'all two of the coolest things I have gotten in the mail recently. First of all, I got the cutest little dragon from the beautiful and talented Katie of The Happy Hours. I signed up to be part of the Pay It Forward fun that was going on over at her blog and this cutie is what I got...
What makes this little dragon even more special is that Katie actually learned a new crochet technique just so she could make this guy for me.

And, the second most excellent piece of mail I got is the wall graphic I won from the contest on MomFiles courtesy of the fine people at UPrinting.
Y'all may remember this pic from one of my Wordless Wednesday posts. I am thrilled to have a 24 in x 24 in version of it to hang on my wall.
*****************************************
Only 2 more days to sign up for my blogoversary giveaway. Don't miss out on the fun.
*****************************************
To see what everyone else in class is bringing to SHOW AND TELL, take a trip to visit the Miss Mel, Goddess of the Infertility Blogosphere.

9 comments:

Soralis said...

That's some great mail! Enjoy!

Quiet Dreams said...

Yay, you did the S&T!
I love that dragon! She did a great job!

JJ said...

Fantastic dragon--shes super talented=)

Beautiful Mess said...

I love getting presents in the mail! those are great! Katie is one talented gal!
*HUGS*

Salma said...

I hope you don't mind me posting a comment...
Just stopped by and found thispost so interesting because I was just about to post on 2 gifts I got in the mail as well.

Looks like you've got good friends, gifts are beutiful to get in the mail.

battynurse said...

What a cute little dragon. Presents in the mail rock!

Another Dreamer said...

Awesome little dragon! Soooo cute! Love the pic, how cool.

Parenthood For Me said...

So great to receive awesome mail. I see that the big 4-0 is creeping up. What are your plans?

Katie Cupcake said...

I'm so glad you like him! He was so fun to make