"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, March 26, 2012

Wit's End

I'm at my wit's end. If you had talked to me yesterday, I would have been a lot more positive. Marty actually seemed to be doing better yesterday. But, today happened. Another weather front moved on through and his head ramped right back up.

My poor son is on Day 29 of a debilitating migraine. Day 29, y'all. He has missed 4 completed weeks of school and it isn't looking good for this week. The poor kid could deal with the pain if we could just get rid of the damned light and sound sensitivity...but, so far, it's sticking around. It's just not fucking fair. He's a good kid. He has worked his ass off this school year. We got him through the allergy medicine induce medical issues of last semester and this semester got off to a great start. He was pulling all As. Then this damned fucking migraine hit. Y'all, he can't even concentrate/focus to read. This is a child who consumes books and the same books he was reading 4 weeks ago are sitting on his desk with the same pages marked. About the only thing he can do is watch tv with the volume turned way, way down (thank God for closed captioning) or play computer games (and that's only been for the past week and a half).  He's even getting tired of the game...about an hour ago he turned off the game he was playing and went out to sit in the darkened den.

This makes me so sad and so worried. It truly hurts my heart to see him this way. He's paler than I've seen him in years (no sunlight does that to you). And, we're reaching the point where I'm truly worried about him being able to complete this semester in school and I know it would kill him if that happened.

I want my vibrant, happy, healthy son back. I want noise to rule this house again. I want our house to bustle with activity and I want Marty to be surrounded by his friends. Damn it, I just want him healthy.