"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What would you do if...

Mrs.Gamgee posed the question earlier today "What would you do if you won the lottery?" and I thought it would be fun to play along. Since this is totally fantasyland here, I decided I'd pretend I had won the equal to the largest lottery jackpot in the US with a lump sum pay out of $233.1 million (probably about $115 million after taxes).
  • The first thing I'd do (before my winnings are even announced) is find a top notch financial adviser with plans of investing about $60 million.
  • I would donate to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Parenthood For Me, Muscular Dystrophy Association, The Liz Logelin Foundation, a good diabetes research group, and Planned Parenthood. 
  • My first personal indulgence would be to donate enough money to Duke University to become an Iron Duke and be able to buy season tickets to Duke Basketball games.
  • I'd take my family on an around the world cruise while someone came in, leveled the house we live in and the one next to us, and then built us our dream house (including an office and craft room for me) on this location because I refuse to move ever again.
  • I'd make sure my parents were completely set with the house of their dreams and money to travel.
  • Since we've already upgraded our two desktop computers, I'd buy myself a kick ass laptop, some type of tablet computer, and a nicer smart phone.
  • Buy two brand new, completely reliable family vehicles.
  • I would have to buy a '64 1/2 Mustang rag top.
So, what would you do if you won the lottery?