To really understand how horrific this bill is, you have to read the provisions it puts forth...
ProvisionsThis bill means a doctor is under no obligation to tell you if your fetus has a defect incompatible with life. This bill means a doctor is under no obligation to tell you about any problem with your fetus at all. This bill infringes so far into the rights of a woman it isn't even funny. Can you imagine what a doctor who is morally opposed to abortion could do if this bill became law? Holy hell, even if I did decide to carry a fetus that was destined to die, IT SHOULD BE MY CHOICE. Dear God, between this bill and all the personhood amendments, I think Cecily might just be right. There might really be a war against women.
1. Specifies that a person is not liable for damages in a civil action for wrongful birth based on claim that a child would not or should not have been born, but for the act or omission of the defendant.
2. Stipulates that a person is not liable for damages in a civil action for wrongful life based on a claim that the person bringing the action would not or should not have been born, but for the act or omission of the defendant.
3. Specifies that a person is not liable for damages in a civil action for necessary expenses to raise a child within a wrongful pregnancy or wrongful conception claim that the child would not or should not have been conceived, but for an act or omission of the defendant.
4. States that these provisions apply to any claim regardless of whether the child was born healthy or with a birth defect or other adverse medical condition.
5. Specifies these provisions do not apply to civil action for damages for an intentional or grossly negligent act or omission, including one that violates criminal law.
6. Becomes effective on the general effective date.
Spread the word. Let people know about the bullshit going on in Arizona so they can fight and rage against the injustice of this.