"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Geek In Me

My geeky soul has found something to sing about despite the fact that it is in mourning for the computer situation in our house...still no word about my laptop and issues with the kids' desktop. What could be fabulous enough to have my geeky soul singing despite the dire state of connectivity around here? Why, games, of course!

I have found 3 omy favorite things have free online MMORPGs (massively multi-player online role playing game for the uninitiated). There is a brand new Doctor Who MMO called Worlds in Time...
In this game, you get to enter the T.A.R.D.I.S., join the Doctor, fight his many enemies, and save the universe. I can NOT wait to play.

I think I might even be more excited for the upgraded, updated version of the Star Trek Online MMO.
You get to captain your own customizable starship and explore the Star Trek universe including classic locations from the show and new areas never before explored. And, when you create your character, you can even create your own race of beings and the back story that puts them in the Star Trek universe. When I was growing up and reading the innumerable Star Trek books I consumed, I use to dream about being able to join the crew on their adventures. This will be the next best thing.

Finally, I am and always have been a sucker for comic books and comic book heroes. Now, I can create and be one by playing DC Universe Online.
My oldest kids have already started playing this and it looks like a total blast. I don't know where I'll find the time to play these games but I intend to try.

Do you like to play role playing games? If so, what's your favorite or which one of these appeal to you the most?


This post is in no way sponsored or inspired by anyone or anything except my inner geek.