"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, March 19, 2012

A Government in Need

This campaign season has illustrated an area that many of our congressmen and senators have a gaping deficit in. This deficit is so gigantic, so huge, that they have needed to dabble in it by messing with us. What lack could possibly create such a gaping hole in the lives of these powerful men? Why, it's the lack of a uterus. Yup, I seriously think Santorum and all the congressmen on the Penis Panel need their own uterus to play with because they seem awfully fascinated with ours. Maybe if they each had their own uterus to play with, they would leave ours the hell alone.

While I'm not the only one who thinks this way, I won't pretend I came up with this idea on my own. I saw the blurb on facebook and it led me to the Jezebel article about a movement to knit or crochet a uterus for a senator in need. The Jezebel article led me to the Government Free VJJ page and there I found patterns and a link to the Government Free VJJ facebook page and their twitter account. My crochet skills are much stronger than my knitting skills so I'll be crocheting this
for Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina and I invite all my friends who knit or crochet to join me in this fun.

So, who is going to join in? I don't know if it will change anything but it certainly can't hurt and it might just open a few eyes.