While I was watching the Grammys (you know I had to after Whitney died), there were many questions that came to mind. And, I know some of them can;t be answered but I need answers folks.
- Why do accents (except country music singers) tend to disappear when people sing? Adele has the most gorgeous English accent but there isn't a trace of it when she sings. And, going way back, Jim Nabors had the most obnoxious voice in his Gomer Pyle roll but had a truly gorgeous singing voice. How and why does that happen?
- Why do scumbags (no matter how talented) like Chris Brown get to stick around and demons torture and take luminescent talents like Whitney Houston?
- GO FOO FIGHTERS!
- How could the Grammys manage to put together a phenomenal tribute to Whitney Houston in less than 24 hours yet they managed to exclude Etta James and Don Cornelius from the power point tribute?
- Adele is phenomenal. I love, love, love that she is not the typical tiny woman. She looks like a real person albeit a gorgeous person. I also love that she looks so stunned to see people cheering for her.
- What's with the Chris Brown ass kissing? It is seriously making me sick. HE BEAT SOMEONE. It wasn't that many years ago that beating your partner made you a pariah (think Ike and Tina Turner). What the FUCK?
- What was Nicki Minaj thinking? That was the most bizarre performance I've seen in ages.
- Sir Paul McCartney still ROCKS. Love that the Grammys ended with (as MissLori said on twitter) with real musicians playing real music