"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Welcome, welcome one and all...

Hey y'all...welcome to ICLW at Dragondreamer's Lair. My name is Kristin and I'll be your hostess this week. I went through a major blogging slump in December and, while I'm back to blogging regularly, I'm hoping ICLW will be the kick in the ass I need to get back to commenting regularly.

I'm a daughter, a wife, a mother, and an infertility survivor. I've been pregnant 11 times and have 3 fabulous, maddening, smart-assed, intelligent, kind gentle, living boys. I tend to believe in the basic goodness of people but god help you if you prove yourself unworthy of that faith and trust. I will bend over backward to help family and friends but I'll gladly tell you to fuck off if you hurt someone I care about. I love crafts. In fact, I think I have crafting issues because I have enough crafting supplies ,to keep an army busy for a lifetime. I'm a voracious reader and a TV addict (thank God for DVRs). I'm a homebody who hates moving but I adore traveling. I'm a wanna be foodie and a home improvement DIYer with delusions of grandeur and no budget to support it. I'm a faithful Christian with a potty mouth worthy of a truck driver or a sailor or anyone else who curses a lot. I'm a very traditional person who also supports gay marriage and freedom of choice.

I'd love to get to know all of y'all better. So, please, tell me who you are! And, while you're at it, throw a few questions my way. I'll answer anything and everything.