"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, January 13, 2012

Tomorrow We Say Goodbye

I think we all hit a breaking point yesterday. Tempers were short. We argued and yelled and snapped and cried. It was not pretty but I think we all just needed to get it out of our systems because we were all in a much better frame of mind today.

Tomorrow is going to be another tough day. Tomorrow at 1 pm, we will be saying our final goodbyes to my brother-in-law, Jose Manuel Cruz. It will be the end of a very rough week and the beginning of figuring out how to adjust to our new normal.I am hoping I have it in me to stand up and speak during the funeral because I think it would do me a world of good and I think it would do the boys a world of good to hear me talk about their beloved uncle.

My sister Becky and Jennifer are both coming to the funeral with us. Having them there to support us will be good for the kids and will be good for both Vic and me. We truly have been blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family members to support us and, I count all of you among the friends that are supporting us. I have been overwhelmed with the love and support y'all have shown us here. If y'all can do me one more favor, it will mean the world to me. Please think of us and send your support or a prayer our way tomorrow. At 1 pm, we will be at Genesis United Methodist Church in Cary, NC remembering Jose and saying goodbye.


You can read his obituary on the Raleigh News And Observer website.