"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, January 05, 2012

At 42, I Am Enough

Hi, my name is Kristin. My number is 42. My word is embrace. And, I am enough. I know, I know...these first few sentences seem kind of random and what the hell do they mean anyway. A few of my favorite people, Kir of The Kir Corner and Kim of Live from the 205 have introduced me to a few ideas that seem to be the perfect way to start the new year. Kir has written a number of posts about Just Be Enough...celebrating yourself instead of focusing on your flaws...and, Kim wrote about Curvy Girl's Reinventing The Resolution and One Word 365.

This year, I am 42 years old and I am determined to embrace myself, embrace my life, and celebrate the fact that I am enough! As I go through my day to day life, I will take time to celebrate what I have and try not to dwell on what's not there. I will spend time with my beautiful, wonderful kids and focus on how lucky I am to have them instead of pining for the ones I lost or who never made it here. I will embrace my crafty, creative side -celebrate what I can do - and not stress about my house not being perfect. I will remember to embrace my body, love it for what it is. I will take time to exercise and care for myself because I am worth the time and effort. I won't focus on weight or measurements. I will embrace health. I will write and paint and create. I will try new recipes, cook with my sons, and play board games with them. I will visit with friends, tell the important people in my life I love them, and take a moment to dance in the rain. I will do all these tings not because I need to better myself. I will do these things because I matter. I am enough. And, I am embracing myself and my life. Join me.

Pick a number...
Pick a word...
and




Thank you Kir and thank you Kim!