Gabe and I played around in the kitchen and created a new family masterpiece. We ended up making a Lemon Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze.
Lemon Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup butter flavored shortening
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of butter
2 cups of powdered sugar
4 tablespoons lemon juice
To make the cake...
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Once fully blended, continue mixing while adding eggs one at a time.
- Continue mixing while adding flour a little at a time.
- Add milk, lemon juice, baking soda, and salt. Mix at medium speed for at least 3 minutes once all ingredients have been added.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours at 275°.
To make the glaze...
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the sugar.
- Keep stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Add in lemon juice and stir until fully blended.
- Remove from heat and drizzle over cake.