"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, January 02, 2012

The Aunt Becky Meme (at least that's where I got it)

1) What does Meme mean?
Something I should really stop doing but can't seem to help myself because it gives me an excuse to spew trivial shit about me

2) 2011 – Was it all you’d hoped it would be?
Yes and no...the last part of the year seemed to get sucked into a whirl of insanity and I'd really, truly like a year without a medical drama in it. That's not too much to ask, is it?

3) Did you watch the Royal Wedding?
Yup, I'm a total sucker for romance. And, most of the hats were killer, but one of the princesses (Beatrice or Eugenie) was wearing something that looked like a giant IUD on her head...
and some other poor lady was wearing (as Joan Rivers termed it) a giant blue vagina hat...

4) Where are your pants?
on my ass

5) Is Justin Bieber human or some sort of robot?
Is Justin Bieber even male? I think *Robot Chicken had it right when they said Justin Bieber was a young woman proud of herself and her alternative life style choices.

6) If you had only one thing to wish for this coming year, what would it be?
A wish...only one wish...I'll wish for a year free of ass kicking crises

7) Would you call yourself a “social media maven?”
Bwahahahahaha....nope.

8 ) If you had to take three things to a desert island (let’s assume you have ample food and water), what would they be?
my Nook - how I love thee
my iPod
a generator/charger that turns air into electricity

9) If you had the ability to banish certain offenses to an island where they would be rehabilitated into being okay again, what would those offenses be?
text speak used in real speech
anyone who types or says prolly instead of probably - it's only 2 freaking letters y'all
their, there, and they're mix ups

10) How do YOU think the air conditioner works?
it's a magical thing us mere mortals aren't meant to understand

11) Do you ACTUALLY think you can make money blogging?
Me...no...but the brilliant and kind aliens disguised as The Pioneer Woman, Dooce, and Jen from Cake Wrecks can.

12) There’s a lot of talk in the blog world about microblogging (The Tumblr, The Twitter, The Facebook) taking over traditional blogs. Do you think that’s the case?
Hell no...as Aunt Becky said "I think those of us stubborn enough to stick around will be here until they pry our keyboards from our cold, dead hands."

13) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Don't worry so much about what everyone thinks of you. You grow up to be a kick ass, wonderful woman so screw them.

14) If you could’ve told yourself this time last year one thing, what would it be?
?!?.

15) If you could have one Super Power, what would it be?
teleportation - with travel costs eliminated, going to conferences and traveling would become far more affordable

16) If you could do one thing you can’t currently do, and do it well, what would it be?
Sing amazingly well - I have a great musical ear but all that lets me do is hear how off key my voice is.

17) What surprises you about yourself?
That I'm a stay at home mom and happy to be one...when I was young and clueless I always imagined having some high power career. This is way better.

18) What was your favorite blog post/tweet of the past year?
Shit, that requires thinking and I refuse to think today.

19) Do you REALLY think “Purple Should Be A Flavor?”
Damn straight it should be and, if Aunt Becky gets some of that purple vodka, that par-tay is on!

20) If you could make one outlandish wish for 2012, what would it be?
I want to win the lottery or find someone willing to finance my every whim without wanting anything in return.

*Yes, Robot Chicken is NOT politically correct and frequently can be offensive but it's also funny as hell.

If y'all had fun with this, play along and then head over to Aunt Becky's and link up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A birdsong came on I hadn't heard ahead - internet site is now quick falling behindhand and but as apace, being replaced by the might of blogging.

Stop by my site :: click here