"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Personal Pizzas

Hey y'all. From past posts here, I'm sure y'all have figured out that my kids love pizza. Well, the other night, I had everything to make pizza but I didn't feel like making dough. I needed to get the food in the oven quickly and making dough would have eaten up too much time. So, I started thinking and I remembered I had a whole pack of tortillas. Now, a tortilla would make a nice thin crust but, if you heated them normally, the tortilla would be too floppy to support the pizza. But, there is an easy fix. You simply lightly brown the tortilla in a frying pan.

*Personal Pizzas
1 to 2 tortillas per person
a few tablespoons of oil
pizza toppings of choice (I used sausage & sauteed onions and mushrooms)
a batch of super easy and delicious pizza sauce
shredded mozzarella
  1. Heat oil in frying pan over medium high heat. One at a time, put a tortilla in the pan and heat until it begins to crisp. Make sure you heat both sides. If the tortilla starts to develop bubbles, puncture them with a knife.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  3. Place crisped tortillas directly onto cooking sheet.
  4. Add toppings, be sure not to pile too high or even the crispy tortilla won't hold up to it.
  5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
These were a huge hit with the kids because they each got their own pizza. I hope you enjoy this twist on  homemade pizza

*Sorry, I forgot to take pictures.