"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, October 03, 2011

I think I forgot to take time to breathe

I do. I really think I've forgotten to take time to breathe and to blog. I knew my life would get busier once I had a kid in high school and I knew having Rys and her family here would make life busier. I just didn't comprehend how busy life would get. My driving has more than doubled with Marty in high school. Not only do I have kids in two schools now but Marty has drill team (ROTC) practice and Shore Patrol (ROTC at football games) and other school events and OMG is it ever crazy.

Rys and I are kicking ass with the house purging/cleaning/organizing which also sadly takes time away from breathing and blogging. But, we've thrown away 5 large garbage bags and have donated 7 large garbage bags worth of stuff. I promise that, although my house was cluttered, it wasn't gross. I am just floored at how many broken toys there have been and ho much little crap the kids had crammed into corners.

On top of all that, Rys, my husband, and I have all been fighting off the cold from hell. We are all still sniffling and congested. You know it's bad when two grown women do a happy dance because they walked into the drug store and found all the cold meds on sale for buy one, get one free.

And, omg, the kids are growing. Gabe has his first loose tooth and is eating non-stop. I think he's going to grow a foot over night. Marty looks so grown up in his uniform. And, Joey is on the Science Olympiad team at school.

Life is crazy and exhausting and wonderful. Hopefully, I'll be back regularly soon.