"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers: the truly random edition

Welcome to Friday Night Leftovers hosted by the fabulous Danifred of Sippy Cups Are Not For Starbucks...
  • I am seriously jonesing for the new Kitchenaid 10th Anniversary Cook For The Cure Raspberry Ice Stand Mixer. 
  • I would have no room for it (even if I currently had the money for it) and would have to get on the laundry room renovation I have planned stat. 
  • That renovation ain't happening anytime soon. 
  • I spent 4 hours volunteering in Gabe's classroom 2 days ago. Budget cuts mean our little school lost all their kindergarten aids. This means Gabe's teacher has 20 kids including 2 partially mainstreamed special ed kids and one child who speaks NO English. Teaching 5 yr olds is like herding cats. You can NOT teach that many 5 yr olds without help. Going in once a week is the least I can do. 
  • I think my dog Jolie has SADD or Selective Attention Deficit Disorder. It's also known as the I'm old and don't give a shit disorder.
  • I forgot to say that Marty is kicking serious azz in ROTC. He got his first two ribbons, his first promotion, was asked to join the drill team, and got a 100% on his inspection when Area Manager came to do his annual unit inspection. 
  • Marty is on his way to Sugar Mountain, NC and Camp LutherRock with his church youth group. They are going hiking, doing a ropes course, and having camp fires. I hope he has a wonderful time.
  • Rys and I were totally freaking out Marty last night when we were singing songs from The Rocky Horror Picture Show and doing the Time Warp.
  • I'm making denim tote bags out of old jeans. I went to Goodwill and bought jeans with the most embroidery and bling I could find. The bags are turning out sooooooo cute.
  • The fabulous Jenn over at Mamahood.org is giving away a $50 EdenFantasys gift card. Head on over and enter to win.
Head on over to Danifred's and check out the rest of the leftovers. Y'all have anything you want to share with us?