- Way too many country singers use to wear mullets. Mullets are not attractive on anyone.
- If you look at a cd label can't tell who the artist is or any of the song titles, it is a shitty label. Artsy-fartsy labels are all well and good but it shouldn't obscure the necessary info.
- We have a very bizarre collection of music...everything from opera to pop to country to classic rock with at least on disco disc thrown in for good measure.
- We have a ton of music...approximately 250 cds in addition to all our digital music. I wonder how long it will take to convert all our cds to mp3 format?
- Out of those almost 250 cds, there were approximately 21 (can't swear to my count) that were still in their plastic wrappers. I am only responsible for one unopened cd. My husband and the Columbia House subscription he had years and years ago were responsible for the other 20.
- I can NOT believe Vic had 20 cds that were bought a minimum of 6 1/2 yrs ago that he had never listened to.
Tuesday, May 03, 2011
Things I Learned From Music
I finally got around to a chore that I'd been putting off for ages. Since we moved here 4 1/2 yrs ago, all our music cds have been sitting in a box tucked under our table. They were accessible but not easily so. They had stayed there because we just don't have a good spot for the cd racks we use to own. So, this afternoon I pulled them all out, sorted them into music genres, alphabetized them, put them all in cd sleeves that fit in 3 ring binders, and condensed one huge ass, slightly inaccessible box down into 4 binders. I learned a few things going through all those cds.
Posted by Kristin at 11:07 PM