"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, May 08, 2011

How was your weekend?

On Saturday, we got together with my MIL and my parents. I cooked dinner to spoil two of the most important women in my life, my mom and my husband's mom. I made them a fabulous dinner of Thai Chicken Burgers and *Key Lime Cheesecake for dessert. I hit the lottery jackpot when I was assigned to my mommy. My mom is a truly fabulous lady. She's brilliant. She's fun. How many mom's allow frosting fights at birthday parties when you are little and running shaving cream battles in their house when you are a grownup? She's supportive. My mom held me and assured me I was smart and beautiful and could do anything I wanted even when the asshats I went to middle school made me believe I wasn't. And, she's held me and helped me through the trials and tribulations of adulthood. My mom has more energy than many women half her age and she's still beautiful and going strong at 66. I love you mommy! And, my MIL, well, she's pretty darned fabulous too. Without her amazing strength, I wouldn't have the wonderful man I am married to.

On Sunday, with the exception of Sunday school and church, we had a nice quiet day. I got the cutest little picture and frame from Gabe, homemade cards from Joey and Gabe, and Marty made us dinner. We had a nice family day and that's what is important to me.
******************************
I also wanted to let all my friends who have lost children, lost pregnancies, or who are still fighting to achieve a pregnancy that I was thinking of you today on Mother's Day. I haven't forgotten you or the pain and loss many of you are still dealing with. I love you all.



*Does anyone have a really great cheesecake recipe? The flavor of the one I made was outstanding but the texture was pretty frakked up. It set well but the cream cheese didn't completely blend with the rest of it.

6 comments:

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend (you deserve it). I had a good one despite the sadness in my heart that my mother does not care for me very much. Mother's day has always been bittersweet for me. My family did take care of me nicely and we spent the day together with no frills. Just how I like it.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

BTW_ This is the BEST cheesecake recipe ever: http://www.readycrust.com/recipe_detail_template.aspx?recipeid=490 Every person I recommended it to LOVES it just the same. The texture is amazing!

AnotherDreamer said...

Mmmm, cheesecake sounds delicious right now.

Thank you for the thoughts. Glad you enjoyed the day :)

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I want the recipe for the Thai chicken burgers! As for the cheesecake... I don't have any one great recipe, but I have found that the creamcheese doesn't do what it's supposed to when it's not been allowed to soften entirely. I end up with little bits of cream cheese that don't incorporate into the mix.

So glad you had a great weekend and Mother's Day!

St Elsewhere said...

SO happy that you had a wonderful time on Mother's Day.

Thank you for the wishes...

And no, I don't have any cheesecake recipe. Sorry!

MommyToTravis said...

I'm catching up with reading your blog. I am glad you had a nice Mothers Day. To be honest, (and pls don't take me wrong) I hate Mothers Day. I lost mine 11 years ago and that particular day feels so vacuous. So....we had to go to a party Saturday afternoon were the food sat outside all day....and this woman here pigged out on it. Guess how my Sunday went.....I slept all day and didn't call anyone. I mean, slept (and barfed) all day until Monday morning.
Happy Mothers Day to me.....
MT