For the second time, I thought I'd kick off ICLW with a meme from Rock 'n Roll Fridays. This set of questions are based on lyrics from the "Happy Together Tour" Bands: The Turtles, The Buckinghams, The Association, The Grass Roots and Mark Lindsay.
1. THE TURTLES… Happy Together …”Imagine me and you, I do, I think about you day and night, it’s only right…”
Who was the last person you thought about day and night? There are a lot of people who are on my mind at least a portion of every day or who occupy at least a small portion of my mind all day but the last time that an individual took over my mind day and night was when I was pregnant with Gabe. I was so scared I was going to lose that pregnancy too and that resulted in me thinking about him all day, every day.
2. THE TURTLES… Eleanor … “They’ll turn the lights down way low and maybe we won’t watch the show…”
What was the last movie you made out to? Oh man, that was so long ago. See, once I grew up and had my own place, I preferred to make out in comfort. The last time I made out in the movie was when I was in high school and, sadly, I believe the movie was Ghostbusters. My boyfriend and I had already seen it and that meant we were covered if the parents asked any questions.
3. THE TURTLES… She’d Rather Be With Me… Me oh my, lucky guy is what I am, tell you why you’ll understand, she don’t lie although she can”
Has someone ever left another person to be with you? Yeah, but once again, it was ages ago. It was in high school also, at a summer program. One of the other girls and I went after the same guy. She "dated" him briefly but I ended up with him. It was young puppy love stuff.
4. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Hey Baby They’re Playin Our Song… “Hey baby they’re playin our song, the one we used to hear when we used to get along”
What song did you love to hear in your most recent relationship? Brooks and Dunn's Ain't Nothin' About You
5. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Susan … “Susan, do ya have to be confusin’, I’m losin my mind….”
Who is the most perplexing celebrity to you? I don't think there is any one celebrity I find perplexing. I think it's individual behaviors I find confusing. The biggest thing I find perplexing is when one celebrity spouse cheats on another. If you are unhappy, either work it out or leave. Don't cheat or whore around and mess up lots of lives.
6. THE BUCKINGHAMS… Kind Of A Drag… “Kind of a drag, when your baby don’t love you, kind of a drag when you know she’s been untrue…”
What’s been kind of a drag for you lately? Money. With the amount gas prices have gone up, that has sent the prices of everything else up. In the past year, our grocery bill has gone up 50% and that's with us cutting corners anywhere we can. That kind of expenditure is seriously painful when the household paycheck hasn't gone up.
7. THE ASSOCIATION… Never My Love… How can you think love will end when I’ve asked you to spend your whole life, with me…”
How do you react to a break up? Honestly, I've done all the breaking up in my past so I was always glad to have it done.
8. THE ASSOCIATION… Windy… “and Windy has stormy eyes that laugh at the sun up high and Windy has wings to fly above the stars…”
What is the worst downwind you have ever been in? Hmmm, I don't know that I've ever been caught in a downwind. I've been caught in a wind storm so bad that we thought a tornado was coming and a few hurricanes but no downwind.
9. THE ASSOCIATION… Goodbye Columbus … “It’s a lucky day just for changing leavin the old world behind, lucky day for walkin a new road, just to clear your mind…”
What do you do when you’re overly happy? Walk around humming or singing
10. THE GRASS ROOTS… Let’s Live For Today… “I think of all the worries people seem to find, and how they’re in a hurry to complicate their mind, By chasing after money and dreams that can’t come true, I’m glad that we are different, we’ve better things to do…”
How are you different from your significant other? We both tend to be very similar but he's stricter as a parent than I am. I tend to be a little less conservative than he is politically but we both fall under the Libertarian heading.
11. THE GRASS ROOTS… Midnight Confession… “In my midnight confession when I tell all the world that I love you…”
What is your confession this week? Ummmm, confession of the week...hmmmm...ok, how about this...I was only 15v when I lost my virginity. I was way too damned young and it scares the shit out of me that my oldest is 14 now. I hope he isn't ever that stupid.
12. MARK LINDSAY (Paul Revere & The Raiders)… Miss America … “Do you miss America, miss America, miss America, I know I do…”
Do you believe we should still have Miss America pageants? I really don't have a problem with pageants for teens and adults. I have a major problem with the pageants for little kids.
13. MARK LINDSAY Arizona … “Arizona, cut off your Indian braids, Arizona, hey won’t you go my way…”
Have you ever cut your hair or shaved a mustache/beard for someone else? Nope and I never will. I cut and style my hair to make me happy.
Happy ICLW everyone and I hope you come back!
*BTW, since I was slack and didn't post until really late yesterday, I need someone to pick a book number (between 1 and 3), a cd number (between 1 and 100), and a track number (between 1 and 15). Later today, I'll post the Saturday Spin.