"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Adventure Begins

This has been a busy, busy week already.
  • On Monday, we got all of Rys's kids registered for school.
  • On Tuesday, all the kids went to school. YAY
  • Rys and I did all the shopping we needed to do to get the house set up to handle all 9 of us. We dropped the kids off at 9 am and, with a short break for lunch and picking up Marty, we didn't get done until 3 pm.
  • School pickup was at 3:45
  • I realized that although Joey did not have Scouts on Tuesday (both den leaders out of town) I still had to go. I volunteered to teach a first aid class before I knew Joey had the night off.
  • I took Rys's son to scouts with me and he had a great time.
  • On the way back, he was telling me how much he loved North Carolina and he wished they could stay here (pssssttt, I hope y'all get to stay here too).
  • A short while later, I had Joey and Rys's son and oldest daughter taking the recycling bins and garbage can down to the curb for pickup. Rys's son could be heard loudly moaning, "I don't know how Marty and Joey have survived this. This is horrible." I was seriously amused.
  • We got the mattress on the top bunk and all kids occupied real beds on Tuesday night.
  • We were so tired that we were both in bed by 11 pm. I am NEVER in bed by 11 pm.
  • Today, we got a good portion of Rys's and her kids' clothes put away, totally and completely cleaned the table, and made a big dent in the kitchen cleaning.
  • I made yummy cheesecake (doctored up some premade filling) with an oreo crumb crust (that I made from scratch).
  • I felt the burning need to post but have no power to string together sentences coherently. Hence, the bullets.
  • Now, I'm fighting the yawns 
  • We have jokingly dubbed ourselves the Sister Wives of Cary. It amuses us both.
What's going on with you?