"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,

A beautiful day for a neighbor.
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Over at Cross Stitch Crazy, we are just starting a neighborhood round robin. For those of you who stitch, thats all the explanation needed. For those of you who don't stitch, this is what a round robin involves...

A group of stitcher's (usually between 4 and 6 people) pick a theme. For us, we are stitching neighborhoods. Mine is a winter/Christmas neighborhood. The other ladies have chosen Halloween, Victorian, International Houses, and a Fairy neighborhood. We each stitch a house on our piece and then it gets sent to the other ladies so they can stitch their contribution. I just finished my house for my neighborhood...and it is designed to resemble my real house.

Here is a picture of my real house...




And here is my round robin house...



I can't wait to have the finished product in my hands.

6 comments:

Miriam Pauline said...

I love it! I didn't stitch a house yet--wanting to leave as many options open to you all as possible. So I can't wait to start stitching houses. Great job!

Velda said...

fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! you did good!

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
Wow! I love it! You did a great job!

Jen said...

so cute! great job, I guess i need to check that folder more often lol

Bean said...

ooh it's lovely!! I'm so glad you're blogging again, I've missed you Kristin! :)

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! Can you come to my house and chart it for me LOL? Can't wait to watch this NRR progress - they are one of my favorites.