"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, September 21, 2007

Leeetttt's get ready to RUMBLE!

In the right corner, its a 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager. In the left corner, its a 2000(ish) Nissan Pathfinder. The contestants come out swinging and sliding and the Grand Voyager emerges battered, bruised, but victorious.

Yes, yesterday evening, I got into a wreck on the way home from Marty's chiropractor appointment. And, yes, all 3 kids were in the van with me. Thank God for car seats and seatbelts. It was raining and I was doing everything I was suppose to do. When I saw the brake lights of the car in front of me go on, I hit my brakes, It wasn't slowing down so I really stomped on the brakes hoping that the anti-lock brakes would do their job. However, my van had started to hydroplane so the anti-lock brakes couldn't do crap...my wheels were locked in position anyway. It was a 3 vehicle accident but the first car was barely scratched. My van is damaged but drivable. It doesn't appear to have any leaks or even too much damaged. At first I was worried about damage versus blue book value but, once I checked my van's value, I think it will be ok. However, the middle vehicle, the Nissan Pathfinder, was killed. Its frame was bent behind the c post (the post behind the back door). How that damage was done without totally crunching my van is beyond me.





3 comments:

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Well now it has a nice Jack-O-Lantern smile for Halloween!!! Glad youand the kids are ok!! I hate the freaking rain!!

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I am so glad you and the kids are okay. Glad you don't have major damage. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Thank goodness no one was hurt!