"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, January 15, 2005

My daughter should have been due today...

My little girl, the baby we lost after seeing the heartbeat, would have been due today. I miss all the babies I've lost but her loss stings the worst because I'd actually started to believe she would make it.

I am so lucky and so blessed to have the two beautiful boys I do have. But, that doesn't make me any less sad for the babies I will never get to hold....the cheeks I will never get to stroke or kiss...the little ears I will never get to whisper "I love you" into.

My babies...I will always love you and I'll never, ever forget you.

9 comments:

Julianna said...

Thinking of you.

E. said...

My deepest condolences for your loss. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. My due date from my miscarriage is coming up in March. I never saw a heartbeat but I can't forget. We never forget.

Emily

Dee said...

How hard that day must be for you, understandably. I have a "due date" coming up in April and I know it will likely be incredibly difficult (but I'm sure that description does not do the day/feelings it brings any justice).

chris said...

I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

My daughter, whom I lost after seeing the heartbeat for several weeks, was due last April. She was the most real to me for the same reason you mention. She's the only one I knew the sex of...

I am so sorry. It really sucks.

Patricia
http://laf.typepad.com/

Lioness said...

I'm so sorry, sometimes I have the feeling the world is one big chain of pain, hardly ever broken. Glad you found me though :)

sweetisu said...

Again, I'm so sorry for the pain you're enduring.
Why why WHY!

Always thinking of you.

JenP said...

Kristin,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your wee girl. I hope this time is easy on your heart and you're doing ok.

best wishes