"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, January 21, 2005

8 fricking shots...

Thats how many shots it took for the dentist to numb me enough to do a crown on one tooth. It took 6 shots to get me numb enough to be able to drill and 2 more shots during the process (it started to wear off).

My jaw hurts and the temp crown just feels funny.

UGH

7 comments:

Julianna said...

Damn. That's a lot.

Was it a bottom tooth? Sometimes it is hard to get the injection needed for bottom teeth.........but damn.......eight is a whole lot.

I work in a gum surgeon's office and give tons of injections, I cannot imagine eight for one tooth. That is terrible.

Hope you are feeling better.

The Lioness said...

I hope you feel better by now, tooth-ache is the pits.

Suz said...

That is a lot! I had three once and that felt like a lot. Those shots hurt like a bitch. I'm sorry. That sucks!!

sweetisu said...

YEEEEEOWCH.
Hope you are able to eat something soon.

DeadBug said...

Dental shots are the WORST. HATE THEM. Hope you're doing OK.

--Bugs

Anonymous said...

Holy moly--8 shots?! Hope you're feeling better....

Dee
(the REs muse)

The Barrenness said...

I raise you 7 additional shots. I'm such a wuss that it took 15 shots. The dentist had to restock during my root-canal. I think the fact that we both process medicine so quickly and effectively is because we have what my husband has termed, "Wonder Livers". You'll get used to that temp crown. It's the permanent one that's weird.