"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

About me...

Just a little something I wanted to put out here so I won't offend or step on any toes...

I am a Lutheran who has a very strong faith in God. Frankly, if it wasn't for my faith, I might not have made it through all my losses. That said, I know there are some of you (including some of my blogging buddies) who are either of another religion or simply do not believe in God. When I post to you and say I am praying for you, I am not trying to force my views or my religion on you. That is simply my way of saying I care and I am hoping for the best. Yes, when I say this, I do say a prayer for you. However, I hope no one will be offended or take it in a negative manner.

5 comments:

Twinkle Toes said...

Kristen-- I am Jewish with a strong faith in God--and I would NEVER take offense. I think it is beautiful wheneve anyone says they are praying for me--believe me, we can use all the prayers we can get. Thank you!

Julianna said...

I cannot imagine anyone taking offense at someone being kind and if they did, it shows more of their character than yours.

Take care.

sweetisu said...

Kristin, since I'm super sensitive (and am atheist), I'm not sure if you had me in mind when you wrote this. But I assure you that I absolutely do not take offense when god is being said and prayers are being sent to me. In fact, I thank you for doing that as it is your way of showing you care. And NBHHY, which makes it easier.

However, I must tell you a true story.

During the times when I just got diagnosed with cancer, and the months of chemotherapy/radiation following, I absolutely did NOT want to be told "god bless you" or "praying for you" or anything remotely religious. I was angry (still am) when it comes to the cancer. I got angry at my father-in-law when he constantly signed his emails with "god bless you" etc. He understood why after I explained it to him and stopped doing it.

It's very complicated when religion is involved, especialy when viewpoints differ.

I hope I didn't offend you.

chris said...

Doesn't offend me in the least.

Take care.

Kristin said...

Sweetisu...do not worry dear. This wasn't aimed at any on person in particular. I just wanted to make sure that none of my new friends misunderstood.