"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

About me...

Just a little something I wanted to put out here so I won't offend or step on any toes...

I am a Lutheran who has a very strong faith in God. Frankly, if it wasn't for my faith, I might not have made it through all my losses. That said, I know there are some of you (including some of my blogging buddies) who are either of another religion or simply do not believe in God. When I post to you and say I am praying for you, I am not trying to force my views or my religion on you. That is simply my way of saying I care and I am hoping for the best. Yes, when I say this, I do say a prayer for you. However, I hope no one will be offended or take it in a negative manner.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Kristen-- I am Jewish with a strong faith in God--and I would NEVER take offense. I think it is beautiful wheneve anyone says they are praying for me--believe me, we can use all the prayers we can get. Thank you!

Julianna said...

I cannot imagine anyone taking offense at someone being kind and if they did, it shows more of their character than yours.

Take care.

Suz said...

I love it when someone says that they'll pray for me. I can't imagine anyone taking it wrong.

sweetisu said...

Kristin, since I'm super sensitive (and am atheist), I'm not sure if you had me in mind when you wrote this. But I assure you that I absolutely do not take offense when god is being said and prayers are being sent to me. In fact, I thank you for doing that as it is your way of showing you care. And NBHHY, which makes it easier.

However, I must tell you a true story.

During the times when I just got diagnosed with cancer, and the months of chemotherapy/radiation following, I absolutely did NOT want to be told "god bless you" or "praying for you" or anything remotely religious. I was angry (still am) when it comes to the cancer. I got angry at my father-in-law when he constantly signed his emails with "god bless you" etc. He understood why after I explained it to him and stopped doing it.

It's very complicated when religion is involved, especialy when viewpoints differ.

I hope I didn't offend you.

chris said...

Doesn't offend me in the least.

Take care.

Kristin said...

Sweetisu...do not worry dear. This wasn't aimed at any on person in particular. I just wanted to make sure that none of my new friends misunderstood.

The Barrenness said...

Don't worry kiddo. I need all the prayers I can get. God keeps hanging up on me, so maybe you can get through? Actually, I think he's using a call forwarding service. Anyhoo, your intentions are good and wholesome, so who is to judge?

"This is most certainly true." (Can you name the reference?)