When we are battling infertility, it becomes all to easy to focus on that one aspect of who we are...to focus on what isn't working. In one respect, I was lucky about how and, when I went through infertility, I already had 2 children. I was forced to define myself as more than an infertile woman and that helped me survive with my sanity intact.
Who am I?
- I'm a wife - my soulmate and I have been married for over 15 yrs and have been together for over 17 years.
- I'm a mother - we are raising 3 boys but we've conceived 11 children.
- I'm infertile - I lost 8 babies.
- I'm an artist - I create and design all kinds of things...cross stitch, crochet projects, quilts, clothes, tote bags, etc
- I'm a dreamer - I dream of my future and the future of my family.
- I'm a reader - check out my 2010 book challenge and the books I've already read this year.
- I'm a student - I continue to teach myself how to do things - build web pages, hardanger embroidery, quilting, etc
- I'm a teacher - I'm homeschooling my oldest son.
- I'm a friend, a daughter, a sister
- I'm an outstanding cook
- I'm a crappy maid - housework SUCKS
- I'm a teensy bit of a rebel - tattoos, multiple ear piercings, experimentation with my hair, getting married without telling my family
- I'm a traditionalist - I followed up our quickie legal service with a beautiful service in our church
- I'm a Christian, specifically Lutheran, who believes my faith and my church are strong enough to withstand my questions and doubts.
- I have a warped, twisted sense of humor
And, Happy ICLW!