"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, November 11, 2005

Only 3 weeks left!!!

Had my weekly appointment and non-stress test today. Gabe did great on the NST but he was being particulary contrary. He was moving around soooooo much that he even disappearred off the monitors in L&D...ROFL. My belly is measuring at 40+ weeks (no wonder I feel huge) and I am still 2 1/2 pounds below the weight I started this pregnancy at. My blood pressure was behaving fairly well today and, after lying down for the NST, it dropped all the way to 122/53. Had to have that lovely internal exam today so they could do all the necessary cultures (test for group B strep, etc) before I deliver. Cervix is high, long, and completely closed (could have predicted that since I am having NO contrax...LOL).

I can't believe my baby boy will be here in only 3 weeks.

3 comments:

sweetisu said...

So glad things are going well. Only 3 weeks left!!! Getting very excited for you. You'll meet your little prince in no time at all.

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Fun to see all your belly pixs. Esp the watermelon one :)

Anonymous said...

woohoo!!!! only 3 weeks left!!! Oh, I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy. Yeah, that's me, always demanding pictures. :-)

It sounds like everything is coming along as it should! Oh, don't forget, I need my picture request fulfilled before you go in to have this little one.

Penny

Lala said...

Wow!! Where has the time gone? Three weeks! Lucky you!