"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I finally bought something for the baby.

Of course, I have other baby stuff I have bought or saved in the past. However, I had not bought anything specifically for Gabe at any point in this pregnancy. I was in Wal-Mart today and decided he had to have this...



This was really a huge step for me. Hehehe...I think I was hyperventilating when I was in line at the check out counter...just the thought of actually buying something specifically for Gabe did that to me.

6 comments:

Jen P said...

I think it's just lovely!! Congrats on the purchase and many, many lovely wishes for a beautiful, healthy baby.

Emma said...

That's lovely, it must be exciting to be able to buy new stuff for the baby. Hand me down's are ok, but everyone needs new things!

Veronica said...

Hi y name is Veronica and I'm 16 weeks pregnant. I cant wait to find out what I'm having...I want to buy stuff so bad! Congrats on the new purchase.

Bean said...

How sweet Kristin!! It is just how I pictured it when we spoke ;) I'm so happy we got a chance to chat on the phone, I've missed talking to you and I can't believe how much of your pregnancy has already flown by!! *EEP* It won't be long now before Gabe is here to meet the world! ;)

Jessica said...

The outfit is absolutely adorable. I lost my son at 18 weeks so I wasn't able to buy him anything "boyish." I had just bought neutral colors, but love the outfit. :)

Just Another Jenny said...

Hi there! I'm here from blogger bingo.

I'm going to comment "belatedly" about how cute that outfit is! It really is quite adorable!

I feel silly commenting on it at all considering you are now trying to potty train your son. :D

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog!

Cheers!