"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quickie Time

Oh come on now...get your minds out of the gutter (you know who you are and that I'm talking to you...LOL). It's time for a quickie introduction for ICLW (if you don't know what ICLW is, click on that little green rectangle with the doggie on the right).
  1. I have a warped, twisted sense of humor. It saved my sanity when I was a paramedic and it definitely saves my sanity as a parent.
  2. I'm a registered independent who wishes I could register as a Libertarian.
  3. I am not politically correct. I will never be politically correct (see #1)
  4. I really want a fourth child but we've been battling my husband's diabetes and related issues so it hasn't happened yet (and might not happen).
  5. I'm a voracious reader. I've already finished 20+ books this year. Come join my 2010 Book Challenge. We have a totally kick-ass group this year (and there will be prizes).
  6. I like curse words and try very hard to censor myself in front of my kids. It doesn't always work.
  7. My friend who inspired the Fuck Cancer post got her MRI results back. The skin cancer on her temple has NOT spread at all. The headaches were caused by something else...woohooo!
  8. If you feel the burning need or desire to learn more about me, click on any of these links...my family building/IF history and personal trivia (ABCs of me, show and tells, etc)
I have a few questions left to answer from the last time I offered to answer any and all questions. If you have any questions to add to the list, post them in the comment section.

HAPPY ICLW Y'ALL!

11 comments:

Quiet Dreams said...

I love your sick, twisted sense of humor. ;)

Wishing 4 One said...

Me too, I love ya girl. But your adult toy reviews I am still scared to click over to, I swear I haven't looked yet. Happy 1st day of iclw, you are THE champ of this girl, you know that! Hell you are a iclw-er when its not in session, man you really are the BEST commenter ever I think Kristin. xoxox

MrsSpock said...

You know, I set such a low reading goal for myself this year, and I've already almost surpassed it! I have Paperbackswappers.com to thank for that, plus discovering the Sookie Stackhouse series...

Erin said...

Hello and thanks for stopping by on my blog.

LOL, I love curse words too.

Maybe you could recommend some good books to me to read as I have trouble keeping interest here lately. ;)

ICLW

Jules said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I'll definitely checkout your book challenge (even though I'm not an avid reader, I'm trying a little harder at it.)

Happy ICLW.:)

limo hire said...

Thanks for the quickie introduction of ICLW .....

daega99 said...

Your blog is fun!!!!!

ICLW
http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Love your quickie intro! Can't wait to read more of your blog!

ICLW #28

AnotherDreamer said...

I clicked my heels and jumped to dance a jig... in my mind... about your friend and the cancer not having spread :D Yay!

Myndi said...

I LOVE curse words myself! And admittedly, now that my daughter is 14, it slips more than it used to. Not sure why a good curse word feels so good, it just does. Maybe it's because deep down, I still know it's naughty, and every time I curse, it's like acknowledging that there is a still a little bad girl in me, even though I'm all grown up with a family now. :)

Happy ICLW!

BabyWid said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I wish I had time to read as much as you do. I will be checking out your book challenge!

Happy ICLW