"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, March 20, 2010

News and Questions and Updates...Oh My!

I'm so proud of my mommy. She got appointed to the NC Governor's Teacher Advisory Committee. The head of the NCAE recommended her for this appointment. I'm so glad she is getting the recognition she so richly deserves.

I am so excited. I have found a super cheap yet nice way to get to NYC for BlogHer. I did a search for bus fares to NY and found a site called GotoBus. They deal with charter bus services and I can get a round trip ticket from Raleigh to NYC for only $60 and travel time is only 9 hours one way.

I finished my first knit project. It's just a simple garter stitch scarf done with two strands of yarn but, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

If any of y'all are on Ravelry, can you tell me what your Ravelry ID is? You can find me under the user name dragondreamer.

What's going on in your life right now?

5 comments:

battynurse said...

Great scarf.
That sounds like a great deal too on the trip fare to go to NYC for blogher. I hope you have a great time.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

what a great fare! I so wish I was able to go too! I know you are going to have a blast!

Awesome scarf!

AnotherDreamer said...

Lovely scarf :)

The trip definitely sounds like a steal ;) Awesome!

Rach said...

Congrats to your Mum, it's always nice to get recognition when it's deserved!!!


ICLW
#101
http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

The Hopeful Elephant said...

OH I so badly want to go to BlogHer. Unfortunately, the only way I am going is by waiting to read all ya'll's posts about it! :(

ICLW29