"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Monday, March 01, 2010

Look what we rescued...

Sometimes I operate under the maxim that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than get permission. Today was one of those days. I knew my hubby wouldn't object if I mentioned getting another cat but I also knew he would hem and haw about it. So, we just went and did it. Here's the whole story...my oldest son's cat has decided that he belongs out doors. Anytime we manage to get a hold of him, he is happy for a few days and then he stalks the doorways. It doesn't matter how hard we try, he gets outside. I know he has at least 4 other houses he has conned into feeding him and at least one house who has brought him inside often enough to give him a flea collar. Now, I know some of y'all are probably asking "Why doesn't he have a collar? Then he would always come home." Well, Snoopy is an escape artist and he has gotten out of every collar we have ever put on him. So, Marty has been missing having his own kitty and asked if he could use some of his birthday money to adopt a kitty from the shelter. After school today, Marty, Gabe, and I headed over to the animal shelter and he picked out a kitty. Meet Freddy...

He is the sweetest 2 yr old cat who was surrendered by his owners when they had to move. He is healthy, has had his shots, is neutered, and microchipped. Marty is delighted.

10 comments:

Fertility Chick said...

Freddy looks like a delight - and Marty looks delighted!! Welcome Freddy! :)

Deb said...

Awww! Sounds like a good match!

rys said...

What a sweetie! (The cat, not Marty. I think he'd gross out if I said that about him. Wait a minute...oh yeah...it was definitely MARTY!)

Don't stress over cat collars. I've given up on them entirely. Every cat I've had that I attempted that with had to be rescued from the 3-legged strangle.

Congrats on your new friend!

battynurse said...

Awww. I love kitties. Welcome Freddy.

AnotherDreamer said...

Awwww :) Awesome.

Baby On Mind said...

Freddy looks like a great match! The story of Snoopy makes me laugh!

Jen said...

aww, how sweet. I'm almost to that point (even went as far as telling Em to tell her papa that if she was given a potty trained puppy her daddy couldn't complain) Jack would love a cat, but he's allergic to them

Sandy said...

Oooooooohhhh!!!! I LOVE KITTIES. I luuuurve kitties. Have I told you how much I love kitties? I need a new kitty soooooooo bad.

Great picture of Freddy and Marty.

Tammy said...

Cute cute kitty. Give kitty cuddles from me.

Mrs.Spit said...

He looks like a nice, cuddly affectionate boy.