"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3 down, no more to follow

At least, I hope no more get sick. Today, Joey woke up sneezing and congested. I really, really hope no one else gets sick.

Since my brain is fried, I don't think anything I write will make any sense. So, I thought I'd leave y'all with a joke. I laughed my ass off when I got this in my email. Enjoy...


I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy some new shoes (he is 92 years old).

We decided to grab a bite at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, and blue. My dad kept staring at him. The teenager would look up, and find him staring every time.

When the teenager had had enough, he sarcastically asked, 'What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?'

Knowing my dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response, certain that he would have a good one. In classic style, he did not bat an eye in his response.

'Got drunk once, and had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son…’

* * * * *

Don't mess with old people. They'll burn you every time.


So, do y'all have any good stories or jokes to share today?

13 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I seriously hope that no one else gets the crud! Sending prayers...

That joke is hilarious! Sorry that I don't have a good one to share... but I have a wacky email I'm going to foward to you.

MrsSpock said...

Awesome!

Wishing 4 One said...

I love that one, I got it in an email before too. My friend in England always sends me crazy ones, if I can dig one up i'll post it. Stay weel, take it easy love ya! xoxo

AnotherDreamer said...

LMAO!!! That's hilarious.

VA Blondie said...

That is too funny! I love it!

The Maven said...

Hahaha! That's fantastic. Love it! And I hope you all feel better soon :)

Busted Kate said...

Hello there! Just swinging by to say thanks for the comment, and happy ICLW week! I'm already a follower :-)

ICLW #117

Quiet Dreams said...

Wow, your dad is awesome. :)

battynurse said...

I've heard a similar version of that joke and it always makes me laugh my ass off. Hope no one else gets sick.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is too funny!!! What did the kid do after your dad said that? Ha!

I hope everyone is feeling better, and no one else gets sick!

oklaln86 said...

haha that's awesome! Thanks for the welcome back! It's good to be here!

Baby On Mind said...

LMAO! This put more than a smile on my face! Your dad is hilarious!

Justine L said...

That so reminds me of something my own father would have said. Thanks for making me think of him and smile!

Hope you're all feeling better soon ... (and thanks for visiting)

ICLW#52