"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, March 12, 2010

Kitchen 101: Cooking lessons gone wrong

13 yr olds take you literally. Remember that. If you tell them to drop something in the crock pot, they will DROP it in...even if it's 6 lbs of frozen roast. 6 lbs of roast + a ceramic crock pot liner = disaster

When you can see through the bottom of your crock pot
and the interior of the heating portion looks like this
it is time to change your cooking plans and to go shopping for a new crockpot.

9 comments:

Flying Monkeys said...

Yikes!

A new crock pot could be nice though, have fun shopping.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Sorry about the crock pot! That is kind of funny though.

Shelly- Mom Files said...

oops! Yeah, they takes things literally so be careful what you tell them to do. Hope you get a crockpot you can have for many, many years to come ;)

..Soo.See.. said...

Wah?!?!? Eep! Have fun shopping for a new one!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! Guess it is time to get a new crockpot! Now you have an excuse to look at all the new models out :D Have fun!

Baby On Mind said...

Woah... never thought you could break those things! Oh well, you get a new slow cooker.

Fertility Chick said...

Oh no! I will admit that I'm laughing - not at you or your poor crockpot - but at the way kids take things so literally. I confess, I love it -- though maybe I won't when something like this happens to me?!

That said, you get to go shopping for a new crockpot! Hope you'll post a picture of the new one - love some of the ones out there now.

Carrie27 said...

Oh no!

My husband was washing our 2/3 year old crockpot and it slipped out of his hand, landed on his foot and broke. When he told me the news I didn't ask about his foot, I was so sad that my crockpot broke - I loved everything about it. I have to go buy a new one still, yet, I haven't. Definitely post what you get because it might get the ball moving for me.

battynurse said...

Wow. Bummer. That sucks.