"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, February 24, 2012

Short and Sweet

  • I had a fabulous time on the road trip with my mom.
  • I met Rachel Simon, Barbie Angell, John aka BlindTravel, and a few others. They were fabulous.
  • Every author out there needs to take a page out of Rachel's book and check out how she conducts her book signings. They are simply fabulous.
  • Loved seeing my sis and her family.
  • Was introduced to the wonders of IKEA. I bow before the IKEA altar now.
  • I have a very funny story about Maude (otherwise known as my parents' gps). The bitch was delusional, lying, or had been smoking crack.
  • I bought 4 copies of Rachel's book, The Story of Beautiful Girl. All books are signed and only 3 have homes. I'll be running a GIVEAWAY FOR A SIGNED COPY OF THE STORY OF BEAUTIFUL GIRL.
  • The weather was horrible on the trip home. Near the outskirts of Charlotte, there was an accident right near the beginning of the construction zone. We went about 2 miles in an hour.
  • We passed 5 accidents on the way home. 2 vehicles had gone head on into trees in the median. I hope and pray everyone got out in one piece.
Tell me how your day was...what did you do, who did you see, was it a good day.