"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Migraines suck balls (the Super Bowl Edition)...

but they certainly make me productive.

I know that seems counter-intuitive but it's true. When I have a migraine, I simply can not sit down in front of a computer. The screen refresh rate is killer when I have a migraine. Sadly, I can't even take meds and then sit down in front of it because that damned screen refresh rate kicks it back into high gear. So, this has been the first time in the past 16 hours or so that it's been safe for me to go online.

Since my dear friend, *Vitamin V, kept the bitch of a migraine in check, I felt good enough to get things done. So, today during the day on Saturday, I folded two loads of laundry, dried one load of laundry, and washed one load. I put away all of Gabriel's clothes that had been folded over the past few days and made sure my little ragamuffin took a bath last night. On a side note, Gabe washes his own hair now. I just have to supervise to make sure he actually washes and doesn't just play in the bath. I made 6 dozen+ Oreo Truffles in chocolate, cherry, and mint flavors. I cooked Chicken Ranch Quesadillas with chicken for dinner (made 17 so there would be leftovers). I also helped Marty make a spicy cheese ball to have with crackers while we watch the Super Bowl on Sunday. And, I did all the dishes from Friday night (was a slacker on Friday) and all the dishes that were dirtied through baking and cooking and eating. Oh yeah, sometime in between it all, I also deep conditioned my hair.

If I could guarantee this level of productivity, it would almost make having migraines tolerable.

What have you been up to this weekend? Have you made anything special to munch on during the Super Bowl? Are you cheering on one of the teams or are you just watching the game for the commercials?

*Vitamin V = vicodin