"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Conquered the Mountain

Today, in the midst of getting stuff ready for Marty's Military Ball, I got distracted by the mountain in my bedroom. See, I had gotten lazy. Instead of putting my clothes away in the dresser, I was simply putting the stacks of folded clothes in nice neat piles on my glider rocker. I'd kick my sons' collective asses if they did something similar but, somehow, it was perfectly acceptable for me to pile my clothes into a mountain. I refuse to tell you just how long I'd been piling shit up but it was way too damned long.

Well, the mountain reached out and slapped me. It said, "Bitch, time to scale the mountain." And, scale destroy it, I did. I folded and sorted and put into new pile and, finally, I put it all away.  In the process of mountain destruction, I discovered I have way too many damned t-shirts. I pulled out a ton of t-shirts to turn into t-shirt yarn. I also pulled out a bunch to use to make a memory quilt and a bunch to be donated to charity. That still left me with a copious number of t-shirts to call  my own. And, holy shit was there ever a lot left in the keep me pile of  t-shirts

It feels so good to finally have all those clothes folded or an hangars and put away completely. It also make me want to kick my own ass for avoiding the project for so long.


Have you tackled anything noteworthy recently? What made you get off your ass and get the project done?