"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sock It To Me!

The Artist formerly known as Kymberli is hosting a Sock It To Me exchange at The Smartness for the first time in almost a year and a half. Kym was inspired to create the SITM exchange in an effort to have a tangible reminder of all the love and support we've received from the online/blogging community. This year Kym said
It has been roughly a year and a half since the last SITM Exchange. Reflect on the past 18 or so months – how has support from others, either in the blogosphere or otherwise, helped you?
This past year and a half has been a full one. With 3 boys, there has always been something going on. And, with our wonderfully active ALI community, there has been tons of events to celebrate and many to mourn. This wonderful online community that saw me through my trials and tribulations with infertility has now become my daily cheerleader. Whenever I have a generally rough day, there never fails to be someone there to give me a virtual hug and pick me up. People also come by and laugh at laugh with me about the crazy antics of my family. I have also found tons of support for many of my planned surprises for online friends. I'm still in awe of the number of people who helped me surprise St. Elsewhere with a quilt in memory of her beautiful daughter. Thank you for everything y'all.

This year I got my most excellent socks from my dear friend Quiet Dreamer over at Dreaming of a Quiet Place.
I think they fit me perfectly and I'm so glad it's cool enough to wear them this weekend!