"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Care Factor = Zero

I am sick. I have my son's cold and it is about 100 times worse in me than it was in him. It SUCKS. My body hurts. My sinuses ache. It's an effort to do anything. Being sick has reduced my care factor to zero...no, less than zero. Marty was taking a shower and twice it sounded like he slipped and hit the sliding door. Rys looked at me and said, "What's he doing?" My response was a heartfelt "I don't know and, as long as he doesn't come crashing through the door, I don't care." Rys responded, "So what you're saying is you don't care what happens as long as you don't have to drive him to the ER." "Pretty much," I said..."and, if he goes to the ER, he better get admitted because I don't want to pay that damned $250 copay." Care factor = zero. She LAUGHED at me...said I was funny when I was sick.