"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Deeper Look

Last month during ICLW, I opened the floor to questions. Sadly, only one person took me up on the offer. Happily though, it was the brilliant and wonderful Mrs. Gamgee from Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings who asked the questions. Strap yourselves in, the wild ride begins now...


1 - Were your boys named after people in your family or did you choose their names for other reasons? a) My oldest was named after my husband and my grandpa...Victor Martin. We actually picked his middle name first (my grandpa's name). My grandpa was a man beyond compare and I felt a need to include his name in my son's name. My husband and I couldn't agree on a first name for the longest while. Names I liked, he didn't and vice versa. We finally decided to give him my husband's first name. Since he has the same initials as his dad, we call him by his middle name.
b) My second son was named after my father (his middle name) and my father-in-law...Joseph Sigifredo.
c) My youngest son is Gabriel Michael. Those names belong to no one in my immediate family. I just knew, in my heart, my soul, that those were the names that belonged to him. When I told my husband, he initially expressed reservation. I looked at him and said "I really believe those names came from God and I'm not going to argue. If you want to, you take it up with the man upstairs."
2 - What do you consider to be your geekiest guilty pleasure? Ummmm, I wear my geekdom proudly so it's hard to think of a geeky guilty pleasure. I guess the closest I get to a geeky guilty pleasure is my deep and undying love of sci-fi television. I've probably seen close to 90% of all the Star Trek series (the original, Next Gen, Deep Space 9, Voyager, and Enterprise). I've seen and own every single Babylon 5 episode. I watched both versions of Battlestar Galactica. I adore Warehouse 13 and Eureka. I'm going to end this list before I start waxing poetic about something.
3 - What is your least favourite food that you end up cooking anyway because your family likes it? Hmmm, I have to admit, it's my tastes that tend to be catered to. For example, we didn't buy peas until very recently. When I was little, I hated peas with a passion. I was known to line them up on the little ledge under the table to avoid eating them. Since I hated them, my hubby didn't buy or cook them. I recently rediscovered peas and found out that frozen peas were pretty damned good.
4 - Have your kids ever come across your 'toys'? How did/would you handle the situation? Luckily, my kids have yet to discover my toy drawer. I imagine that once I got past the initial embarassment, I would tell the older ones that the toys were adult toys and leave it at that. Once they were out of the room, I would promptly find a new hiding place. If it was Gabe, I'd give him a fluff answer and immediately find a new hiding place.
5 - If you ever popped over for a drink, should I have beer, wine, or coolers in the fridge for you?I would never turn down a Guinness Stout or a Sam Adams. I also love a good bottle of almost dry white wine.

So, once again I make the offer...ASK ME ANYTHING...personal, trivia, literally anything.