"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Wednesday Insanity...

Yesterday afternoon and evening was crazy.

I have Gabe ready to start school full time today (Sept 1st)...and he's exhausted and excited and nervous.

Joey has been having a great time at school and went to a friend's house to do homework and play. He had a great time and then came home and got sick. He puked his guts out twice and both time it hit so fast that I had substantial clean up to do. Weird thing is he wasn't running a temp at all...has me wondering if he ate something bad at some point in the day. Guess he won't be going to school today.

Marty is loving 3 out of his 4 classes. There's been some drama dealing with the 4th class but it's nothing I can really share. Everything got worked out for the best after a little angst and emotions. On the positive side, Marty's teacher was extremely complimentary about him when I was talking to her. She raved about what a hard worker he is, how respectful he is, and what a great young man he is.

Marty has his first uniform day today for ROTC. Last night I gave him a hair cut, helped him iron his uniform, and Vic taught him to polish his shoes. Can't wait to see him in full uniform.


I took Gabe to meet his teacher Wednesday evening and he met a few of the kids in his class. Gabe was giggling madly with his seat mate and decided to tell them that piss and wiss rhymed. Why do I see phone calls in our future?

And, in the span of a few hours, I've found myself being named the class parent for both Gabe's and Joey's classes. I'll be in charge of compiling contact data, passing on info and updates, and something else (but I'll be damned if I remember what).

What's going on in your life?

And, can I get you to weigh in on the comment system I have in place? I want something that let's me respond to individual comments but I've had one person tell me the comment system was a little obnoxious. Do you like it, dislike it, have one you like better? Let me know.