"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. " -Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ask and Ye Shall Receive...answers that is

Jessica of Too Many Fish To Fry
asked...
  • If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have five books, what would they be? The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon, one of the Harry Potter books, Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, The Lost Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • And: what's the best place you've ever visited? I think it's a toss up between Venice and the big island of Hawaii. I'd love to go back and see Venice with adult eyes but, the sheer natural beauty of the big island of Hawaii is hard to beat.
Mrs. Gamgee of Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings asked...
  • If Vic were in the doghouse for something, and he brought you flowers as a way of trying to get back into your good graces, what kind of flowers would he bring you? And would they actually be flowers you like? Honestly, I don't hold a grudge. If Vic says I'm sorry, that's all it takes to get out of the doghouse. However, I'm a sucker for sweet smelling roses.
  • And along the same vein, what has been the most romantic gesture that Vic has ever made? Once, in passing, I mentioned how much I would like to have a family bible. That year, he searched one out and found me the most gorgeous family bible and it has space to enter everyone's info.
Lavender Luz of Write Mind, Open Heart said...
  • How about the old Babwa Wawa question: If you were a tree, which tree would you be? a dogwood
Quiet Dreams of Dreaming of Quiet Places wants to know...
  • How did you get your name? Is there a story? My mom and her sister both had the first and middle initials K. A.  My parents picked the Scandinavian spelling of Kristin (in instead of en) because my mom's heritage is Scandinavian and I share my aunt's middle name.
Barb of Fertility Challenged in Florida asked...
  • How would you describe your fun times with each child? With Marty - cooking together or just hanging out and shooting the shit; With Joey - I love camping with him or doing something artistic; With Gabe - playing a game or reading to/with him
St. Elsewhere of My Lady of the Lantern asked...
  • Who is that person in world history you would like to meet? Margaret Thatcher - she was such a smart, strong, powerful woman
  • Is there someone in your family you totally dislike and why? (Family - cousins, uncles, aunts or such) Yes there is. The person is not a blood relative and they are a two-faced, hypocritical bitch/bastard who has accused me of being willing to work my husband into an early grave.
  • Between Dalai Lama and Mahatma Gandhi who would you be more excited to meet? probably the Dalai Lama
Ms. Dreamer of The Dreamer and the Realist said...
  • When did you decide that you didn't give a shit any more and started dying your hair fun colours? Do you get shit because of it? When I turned 40, I decided I needed to celebrate that fabulous milestone and decided to dye my hair purple. There are a few family members who are a bit bemused at the whole thing but, over all, I receive more compliments on my hair/appearance when it's dyed funky, fun colors than when it's normal.
Well, I had fun. Hope you enjoyed the weird random tidbits I shared. We'll have to do it again soon.